Monday, February 2, 2015

New Year–January Recap

Hey Guys!  I know I was totally absent in January!  I know I say it all the time, we’ve been busy…that’s life huh!  Well we have been busy this new year but I have been resting quite a bit and taking a break from the normal hustle and bustle of household chores, projects, and crafting so far in 2015. 
Work has been crazy busy, January is typically a slow time but not this year.  The building industry is really booming again and tile is in much demand and I could not be happier about that. 
I finally decided 2015 was the year to hire someone to clean my house.  I found someone  wonderful that is coming every two weeks and it is such a blessing.  It allows me to focus on other things that need doing around here.
I did tackle one project that had been on the list for quite some time, a new mirror for the bedroom.  I bought a cheap over the door mirror and Will built the wood surround.  I painted it white in chalk paint.  Will did most of the work on this one and I can’t take credit, thanks babe!
IMG_6740
I’d been wanting a new solution for sometime, we had a nice mirror here but it had feet and got in the way of the closet door to the right of it and the screws never held tight and that caused the mirror swing.
Before.
Mirror closeup
Needless to say I am happy with the change. 
I’ve also been working on little projects around the house like paint touch ups, cleaning out closets and refreshing house plants and terrariums.  Nothing really exciting but things that must be done.
Terriarium
I hope you all are having a great 2015 so far!
I’ll be back later this week with a neighborhood development update.

April

No comments:

Post a Comment