Sunday, December 7, 2014

DIY Glitter Garland

Hey Guys!  Hope you are all having a good weekend!  We have been pretty lazy over here and we are soaking it up before the Christmas madness begins.  Today I am sharing with  you my Merry Christmas glitter garland.
Merry Christmas Glitter Garland

I few years ago Pottery Barn had this beautiful glitter garland that I just loved and I thought it looked easy enough to make so I gave it a whirl.  It was easy and I love glitter so it was fun too!
It cost me about $30 to make but because the letters were 2 per pack I actually got 2 garlands, so $15 ea.  The one over at Pottery Barn is $39, on sale now for $31. 
I started with the letters which I picked at Hobby Lobby.  I first sprayed the letters gold just to give them a good base color.  I used the gold paint I had on hand.
Spray Paint Letters
Next,  I gathered my supplies.  I only had to buy the letters and the glitter so it was less expensive for me.  I had regular gold glitter on hand and I mixed it with crushed glitter I found at Hobby Lobby.
Supplies
Glitter
Glitter Letters
I  just painted the letters with Mod Podge and then sprinkled on the glitter.  Once you shake the glitter off you will lay the letters out, turn them over, add a dot of hot glue and your string to the back. 
Merry
Then hang and enjoy!  I have one in my Dining Room and one on our tree. 
Merry Christmas Dining Room
Christmas Tree
Merry Christmas on Tree
Since I took pictures of my dining room I thought I’d share the full room decorated which is pretty much the area where the garland is but I did have fun using real greenery to fill my minnow bucket.
Minnow Bucket
Dining Room
What do you guys think about the garland?  What crafty things have you been up to?

April

No comments:

Post a Comment