Sunday, August 24, 2014

Tour Through Blogland

Happy Sunday Everyone!  My friend Renee over at The Refined Relic ask me to take part in a Tour Through Blogland which is a group of bloggers posting about their home & blog so that other readers can get to know them better.  Please be sure to check out Renee’s tour HERE.
I was actually scheduled to post on Monday but I am traveling for work so I decided to get this going today.
with plants
Here at A Heart’s Desire I blog about decorating, my crafty adventures, furniture refinishing, gardening and occasionally something yummy I’ve baked.  I enjoy the process of making a house a home and putting my stamp on our home.  I enjoy my home, inside and out and pour a lot of love into it.  I hope that is something my readers pick up on when they read my adventures.
From Above
Over the past few years and soon after starting this blog, me and my husband Will have moved a few times and it has given me the opportunity to decorate a few homes and find ways to use my belongings in different ways.  Many years ago we bought land to develop into a neighborhood and we have been working on selling lots to builders, but with the ups and downs of the economy it has taken some time to do this.  We have built two homes in the neighborhood  and lived in both, leaving behind our first home.  We are now living in the second home that we built in the neighborhood.  It is a small farmhouse style that really fits our current needs.  This process has taught me to live on a decorating budget, so I have become quite the thrift shopper. 

Mirror After
This blog and all the things that go with it are a great creative outlet for me.  I have a full time job as an outside sales rep for a tile company, where my main focus is selling commercial spaces. I enjoy my job and helping my customers.  Thankfully, I am in a really busy season of work right now and everyday I feel blessed to have the amount of work that I do.  The blog has suffered a bit because of that, but it is good to be busy and I am happy for it. 
Chair
Here is the question and answer session to help you get to know my blogging process better.
What I am working on now?
Currently I am  not working on any major projects around the house.  I kept a running list from January through May of all the projects we needed to do and I am happy to report that they were all completed except for staining the fence.  I decided to drop the list for the Summer and really soak up some free time. 
I just finished collecting and hanging a plate wall in my kitchen which you can see HERE.  Currently I am looking for a new lamp for that area as well as a rug for the hall and bedroom and new towels for the bath.  I guess you could say I am in a sprucing up mood.
How does my work differ from others in my Genre?
This question is an interesting one to me because truthfully most of the bloggers that have been a part of this tour are all DIY home bloggers.  I certainly fit in that category.  I always hope that my work reflects my personal style.  I also hope that I reach readers and give them the courage to try new things in their home.  I don’t always make the best decisions with my decorating and I certainly have a hard time sometimes with decisions, but I choose items for my home that I love, things that reflect my and my husbands personality. 
Why do I write/create what I do?
I fell into the world of blogging by reading others blogs, I first found The Pioneer Women and then soon found Layla at The Lettered Cottage.  I really enjoyed reading and could tell these are regular people with extreme talent.  I decided to give blogging a go while sitting on a plane from a work trip.  I thought it would be a great way to express myself and share my insight on design with others.  My heart’s desire is exactly what this is about.
How does my writing and creative process work?
Gosh, this is going to make me look bad.  I don’t really have much of a process when it comes to writing.  I typically post on Sundays because that is when I have time to sit and write out posts and upload pictures.  It is all pretty much on the fly.  For example I finally got around to hanging my church plates in my last post one Sunday morning and decided to go ahead and blog about it while it was fresh.  When I had more time to blog in the past and had lots of projects I did keep a monthly schedule but now I just write when I can.  
Ikea Vittjso Table Hack
Well there you go!  I hope you enjoyed getting to know me better and I welcome any new readers. 
Please remember to check out Renee & Charles at The Refined Relic

April

No comments:

Post a Comment