Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Updated Barstools

I heart barstools!  I grew up with a bar counter in our kitchen and love the idea of having an area to sit and chat while cooking is going on or for when I am eating alone.  Our last house had an abnormally high bar and no barstools were high enough to work so it’s nice have this option in our new kitchen. 
My Aunt recently gave me her old stools and they sat in our kitchen for about a month or more before I was inspired to fix them up.  Last week Amy over at Eat.Sleep.Decorate inspired me to get moving in this POST.  I went back and forth in my mind debating over using a pop of color or going neutral.  Will liked them black because they blended with the cabinets but the seats needed recovering and I also felt that they needed to pop a little.  So I opted to go for a more industrial look and painted them stainless steel.
IMG_0820
IMG_0821
Here is a look at the before.
IMG_0685
IMG_0687
Now they stand out but are still neutral enough to blend in with my living room furniture.
IMG_0823
IMG_0825
I used Krylon Stainless Steel spray paint for the color.  I first sanded the chairs lightly and they simply sprayed 3 light coats of color. 
IMG_0688
The top portion is wood and I wanted to make it look more like wood and stand out.  I used CeCe Caldwell Chalk Paint in Virginia Chestnut with a clear wax.
IMG_0830
The fabric came from Hobby Lobby and I bought just enough.  Those circles fooled me with their size.
IMG_0834
I may eventually change the fabric to a solid, but for now I like the whimsy.  I am pretty pleased with how they turned out.  I have been using them every morning for breakfast and sometimes I work from the bar just to sit in the kitchen.
IMG_0826
Here is a close up of those beautiful poppies I bought at the farmer’s market this weekend!
IMG_0842
Also…all the pets wanted the be in these pictures.  Little Diva’s.

April

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention April! Your barstools turned out amazing! I love the stainless steel look and of course love me some chevron. Now I am really indecisive! I am going to post this on my FB page! Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete