Monday, July 9, 2012

Pinterest Challenge-Summer Edition

Hi Everyone!  I am joining in on the fun with the Pinterest Challenge tomorrow July 10th.  Be sure to stop by and see Katie, Sherry, Kate, and Michelle’s blog to see all the other projects. 

This whole challenge really got me off my butt an into high gear this past weekend working on all kinds of things that I had been putting off!  Glad to have the energy to get going on some projects. 

I decided to take a neat little window frame that I had and use it as my artwork for my backsplash. 

IMG_6866

I’ve had this little picture for a while now and I really liked the window frame idea, I just had no where to use it.  I am glad I held on to, it was perfect for this spot above the sink.  I needed something nice and neutral.  My Grandma picked this up at a yard sale for $2 and this is what it looked like before.

IMG_6845

My Pinned inspiration came from this picture….

I don’t know where the original source is!!! It is not pulling one and I pinned it a long time ago.  This is the best link I could find…HERE.  But credit to whoever did this…I love it!

I totally love the idea of using this little frame this way in the future and I am thinking of a black and white photo of our chocolate lab, Abbie. I did not, however, want to use a picture of the dog in the kitchen and I really wanted something neutral since the house is on the market.  So I just took the picture out and left the glass.  It can be my imaginary window, that I really wish was there :)

IMG_6862

I cleaned it up, sanded down the edges for the wood to pop out and boy was that NOT easy, factory finish on this bad boy.  I wanted to add a little color but not paint so I waxed the finish with Anne Sloan's Chalk Paint Wax but mixed Duck Egg Blue paint into the wax.  It was my first time adding color to the wax and it worked really nicely.

IMG_6872

IMG_6873

IMG_6874

I am very pleased with the way this turned out.  It is in the perfect spot now. 

IMG_6864

Hope you are all getting a chance to complete a few projects this Summer.  Don’t forget to check out all the websites above tomorrow July 10th for the Pinterest Challenge.

April

No comments:

Post a Comment