Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring time Flowers

Over the past few weeks I've been busy sprucing up the yard for Summer. I've planted a lot of plants in planters as promised this year. I also have a few newer plants from last year that have made pretty apperances this year.

A few of my window boxes...

This one is a mix of Begonias and Fuscia


This one is a mix of two plants to attract hummingbirds and butterflies. I didn't keep the tags so not sure of the names.


This is my beautiful Bonfire Begonia, I finally found another hanging basket in Charleston, SC. I love these and so do the hummingbirds. I had one of these plants 2 years ago that I picked up in Nags Head, NC...have not been able to find one in person since. Lots on the internet but those are smaller plants. And Yes, I am crazy about birds!



This is a little purple, surprised I don't have more purple plants...


I planted this peony last year and I was so surprised to see so many blooms after only the first year, I had also forgotten what color it was. Nice surprise. Many more blooms opened after I took this picture a week ago.



Beside my peony I planted a new plant last year that is native to the tropics, but I cannot remember its name. I beleive it has "little pink" in the name somewhere. I purchased it from a local nursery that starts its own plants from the owners findings in travel, you find lots of unusual varieties there. It is a big plant and has subtle pink color. Pretty next to the pink peony...thinking ahead when I planted these two...it's rare :)














No comments:

Post a Comment